Thursday, October 14, 2010

why did the flowers cross the road

I replaced the Pole-en sign, which was removed, with this road crossing sign. Painted the miniature crossing lines in the middle of the night.

I then decided to do the rest of the intervention on a Saturday morning - and what fun. So many people stopped to have a chat and comment. I hope you all visited the blog.

A few people thought the pole was actually a road side shrine - I guess it looks a lot like one. But fortunately no one died, and it is all about the joy of spring and tongue in cheek fun.

The interaction that happened with viewers is another aspect of interventionist art: I realise my work means different things to different people but if it manages to create conversation and interaction (and of course pleasure), I have succeeded.











No comments:

Post a Comment