Friday, May 21, 2010

Comments not to be found on the blog site

While I install the "poles" I receive a lot of comments from bystanders or they ignore me completely as if I am invisible (or crazy?)

With poles apart, a "high" street child, or rather young man, followed me around with his black bag, asking for me to put some refuse in his bag. A familiar sight. I said I had only my stuff and then he asked me what I was doing - I explained. He tried to help a bit but was too unsteady on his feet.

When I was done he squinted at the end product and announced drunkenly:

"We must all work together to make our city nice and clean for the soccer."

2 comments:

  1. Why can I not find a picture of the Poles Apart intervention posted on your blog? Or am I just blind. You must remember we do not all live in Johannesburg. It is the one that has been stolen and I would like to see why, (seeing that it might crop up in some collection some day.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am going to re-install it soon, and will post a photo of the original then. I think people are wearing it - wont make a gallery!

    ReplyDelete